- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Teaching Kit
Felted Baby Booties
Felt booties sewn from Simplicity® pattern 2867 are extra special with felted embellishment created using the Simplicity® 12 Needle Deluxe Felting Machine.
- Simplicity® pattern 2867
- Simplicity® 12 Needle Deluxe Felting Machine
- Wool or wool blend felt in two or more colors – two 9" x 12" sheets of base color (we used fuchsia pink) and 9" x 12" sheet of accent color (we used charcoal gray)
- Matching Thread
- Hand Sewing Needle or Sewing Machine
- Embroidery Floss and Needle for decorative elements
- Marking Pen
- Review pattern and take out pieces you will need for the view you have selected for your project.
- Trace bootie top pattern pieces onto base color felt using marking pen.
- Cut circles in assorted sizes from accent color felt.
- Following manufacturer's directions, felt circles onto bootie tops using the Simplicity® 12 Needle Deluxe Felting Machine.
- Using embroidery floss and needle, embroider decorative elements on circles using simple hand embroidery stitches as desired.
- Cut out bootie tops, cutting along marked line.
- Lay out and cut bootie bottoms using bottom pattern piece of accent color felt.
- Cut two circles of base felt fabric. Sew one circle onto each bootie bottom as shown in photo for added interest.
- Hand or machine sew bootie tops to bottoms, following pattern directions.
- Make bootie ties using strip of accent color felt, ribbon or a length of yarn.