- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Designed by Rebekah Meier
These geometric design felted coasters created using the Simplicity® Hand Felting Machine make a great gift for any occasion – so easy, you'll want to make several sets, including one for yourself!
You will need:
- 6 – 4" wool felt squares (makes 3 coasters)
- Scraps of wool felt in complimentary colors to squares
- Simplicity® Felting Foam – enough to back all 6 squares
- Wool roving
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Simplicity® Hand Felting Machine
- Place roving onto wool felt square. Place wool square onto foam and needle felt roving in place.
- Continue adding roving until a square, rectangle or other desired shape is created. TIP: Sometimes roving can be unfurled and cut into shapes before placing onto wool felt.
- Place a second wool square against the back of the first square and needle felt, securing both squares together and creating a firm coaster.
- Place scrap pieces of wool felt in complimentary colors as desired to form patterns and textures, and needle felt in place.
- For added design details, hand embroider straight stitches around needle-felted roving.