- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Boyfriend Slouch Hat
Designed by Julia Belsante
As seen in Jo-Ann© FASHIONfusion Magazine
With the Boye® Needle Master™ Interchangeable Aluminum Knitting Set you always have the right size needle to obtain needed gauge. If your yarn doesn't obtain it with the recommended needle size, a solution is close at hand – simply swap out the points for those of a more suitable size. Easy!
- CO-cast on; k-knit; k2tog-knit 2 sts together; p-purl; rep-repeat; RS-right side; st(s)-stitch(es)
One Size: to fit adult 22"-23" head circumference
Finished Measurements: 20" (51 cm) circumference X 11-1/2" (29 cm) high
The ribbed brim allows this hat to fit a wide range of sizes.
- #4 worsted weight yarn: we used Red Heart Soft (100% acrylic), 5 oz (140 g), 256 yd (234 m) – 1 skein # 3729 Grape
- Boye® NeedleMaster™ Interchangeable Aluminum Knitting Set
- Boye® double point knitting needles, US size 8 (5 mm), or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker
- Boye® hand sewing tapestry needle
- Approximately 50 Create Your Style with Swarovski Elements™ Bicone Beads (optional)
- Hand sewing needle and matching thread (optional)
- 18 sts & 23 rnds = 4" (10 cm) in stockinette st. To save time, take time to check gauge.
- Using NeedleMaster 20" (51 cm) cable and size 6 (4 mm) needles, CO 92 sts. Place marker and join for working in the round, being careful not to twist stitches.
Rnd 1 (RS): *K2, p2, rep from * around.
Rep Rnd 1 until piece measures 1" (2.5 cm).
Switch to size 8 (5 mm) needles and work in stockinette st (knitting every round) until piece measures 10-1/2" (27 cm) from beginning.
Rnd 1: Changing to double-point needles, *k2, k2tog, rep from * around – 69 sts.
Rnds 2 & 3: Knit.
Rnd 4: *K1, k2tog, rep from * around – 46 sts.
Rnds 5 & 6: Knit.
Rnd 7: *K2tog, rep from * around – 23 sts.
Rnd 8: K1, *k2tog, rep from * around – 12 sts.
Cut yarn, leaving an 8" (20.5 cm) tail. Thread tail through remaining sts and pull tight to close. Pull yarn to inside of work through top of hat. Weave in ends.
To Add Bicone Beads:
- Knot thread from the inside, sew up through the bead several times and tie off underneath where you began. Repeat until desired effect is achieved.