- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Crochet Glove Cuffs
Designed by Drew Emborsky, a.k.a. The Crochet Dude®
As seen in Jo-Ann© FASHIONfusion Magazine
- Ch-chain; hdc-half double crochet; pm-place marker; rep-repeat; RS-right side; sl st-slip stitch; st(s)-stitch(es); WS-wrong side
- One Size: to fit adult woman's glove; 6-1/2" (16.5 cm) X 7" (18 cm) circumference
- #4 worsted weight yarn: we used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Worsted (80% wool/20% acrylic), 3 oz (85 g), 197 yd (180 m) – 1 ball #151 Grey Heather
- The Crochet Dude® for Boye® Ergo crochet hook, size H-8 (5 mm), or size needed to obtain gauge
- The Crochet Dude® for Boye® bent end yarn needle
- The Crochet Dude® for Boye® yarn snips
- 1 pair of gloves
- Hand sewing needle
- Matching thread
- 15 sts & 11 rows = 4" (10 cm) in hdc worked through back loops only. Take time to check gauge.
- Each cuff is worked as a rectangle, ad then seamed before attaching to gloves.
Directions (Make 2):
Row 1 (WS): Ch 25, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, turn – 24 hdc.
Rows 2-20: Ch 1 (does not count as st), hdc in back loop of each st across, turn.
At end of Row 20, fasten off leaving a 15" (38 cm) tail.
- Fold cuff in half lengthwise with RS together. Using the long tail whipstitch to seam, going through the bottom of the foundation row sts and through the back loop of Row 20 to maintain pattern. Using sewing needle and matching thread, securely sew one side of cuff to edge of glove, being careful to only sew through the glove lining.
*Note: When taking gloves on and off, be mindful of pulling only on glove, not crocheted cuff.