- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Teaching Kit
Bloom Loom™ Scarf
Designed by Drew Emborsky, a.k.a. The Crochet Dude®
Take your blooms and make them into a scarf with this easy joining method!
Ch = chain, sc = single crochet, st = stitch, sl st = slip stitch, dc = double crochet, sp = space, sk = skip
- 15 blooms made using the Boye® Bloom Loom™ Set 3707645000W
- Approximately 200 yds. of a coordinating color yarn
- Crochet hook appropriately sized for your yarn – we suggest The Crochet Dude® for Boye® Aluminum Hook Collection 3371006001
- Edge the first bloom; attach the yarn with a sc to any "petal" of the bloom working through all the loops. Ch 6, sc into next petal of bloom, be sure to get all the loops of that petal! Continue to ch 6 and and sc into each petal around, sl st to first sc to join, fasten off.
- All the rest of the blooms: attach the yarn with a sc to any petal of bloom working through all the loops. Ch 6, sc into next petal of bloom. Now line up the first bloom, * ch 3 and drop the loop from your hook, insert hook through the ch-6 of the previous bloom, put the working loop back on your hook and ch 3 more, sc into next petal of current bloom, repeat from * once more. Now continue to work ch 6, sc in the next petal around and sl st to first sc to join, fasten off.
- After you've joined all 15 blooms together it's time to edge the scarf.
Rnd 1: Slip st into any ch-6 space of the 2nd bloom. Ch 3, [work 2 more dc, ch 2, 3 dc] in the same ch-6 space. Work all the way around the scarf working [3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc] into each ch-6 space. When you come to a place where two blooms meet work 3 dc in that space, ch 2, and work 3 dc into the next space. Once you've gone all the way around the scarf join with a slip st to the top of the beginning ch-3.
Rnd 2: Sl st into next 2 sts and into ch-2 space. Ch 1, [sc, ch2, sc] in same space, ch 5, sk 3 dc, sc into next sp, ch 5, [sc, ch 2, sc] into next ch 2 space. Continue around as established. Sl st into first sc. Fasten off.