- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Crochet Wrap with Slits
Designed by Kimberly K. McAlindin
Photos and instructions courtesy of Red Heart® Yarn
Skill Level: Intermediate
- ch = chain; dc = double crochet; Fpdc = Front post double crochet; hdc = half double crochet; mm = millimeters; sc = single crochet; st(s) = stitch(es); * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated; RS = Right Side; WR = Wrong Side
- wrap measures 14" (36cm) wide by 80" (203cm) long
- Yarn: we used Red Heart® Super Saver™ Yarn, available at Walmart: 3 skeins 256 Carrot
- Boye® 6.5mm [US K-10.5] crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- 12 sts = 4" (10cm); 8 rows = 4" (10cm). CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the specified gauge.
Row 1 (RS): Hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in each chain across, turn – 42 hdc.
Row 2: Ch 1, hdc in each hdc across, turn.
Row 3: Ch 1, hdc in first 14 hdc, *skip next hdc, work Fpdc around next hdc one row below, working in front of Fpdc just made, work Fpdc around hdc one row below skipped hdc, hdc in next 2 hdc; repeat from * 2 times more, skip next hdc, work Fpdc around next hdc one row below, working in front of Fpdc just made, work Fpdc around hdc one row below skipped hdc, hdc in last 14 hdc, turn.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2.
Row 5: Repeat Row 3.
Rows 6-20: Repeat Rows 2-3 until 20 rows have been completed.
Split for Sections First Side Section:
Row 21: Ch 1, keeping in pattern as established, work 18 sts, turn. Leave remaining sts unworked.
Row 22: Ch 1, hdc in all sts across – 18 sts.
Rows 23-35: Work in pattern as established on 18 sts. Fasten off.
Row 21: With right side facing and holding previous section behind work, join yarn in 17th st on Row 21 of Wrap for Center Section of Split, hdc in next 2 sts, work in pattern as established for 8 more sts – 10 sts.
Rows 22-35: Work as established on 10 sts. Fasten off.
Third Side Section:
Row 21: With right side facing and holding previous section in front of work, join yarn in 25th st on Row 21 of Wrap for Third Section for split, hdc in next 2 sts, work in pattern as established to end of row – 18 sts.
Rows 22-35: Work as established on 18 sts. Do not fasten off, turn.
Row 36 (WS): Ch 1, hdc in first 16 hdc, working through corresponding sts of sections, hold Center Section behind Side Section and hdc through both layers to join 2 overlapped sts, hdc across Center Section sts, hdc overlapped sts of Center Section with remaining Side Section – 42 hdc.
Row 37: Repeat Row 3.
Rows 38-149: Repeat Rows 2-3, end with Row 3. Do not fasten off.
- With right side facing, work reverse single crochet evenly spaced around all edges. Fasten off.
- Weave in ends.