- Knitting and Crochet
- Home Decor
- Tools for Teachers
- Teaching Kit
Simplicity Pattern 1557:
Glittering Trim Accents
As seen in Jo-Ann© FASHIONfusion Magazine
Give your princess costume extra punch with trim! Start with Simplicity Pattern 1557 and add trim not shown on the original pattern. We give you the trim types, yardage requirements and bonus instructions on transforming Venice lace into something special with glitter.
YARDAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR ADDITIONAL TRIM
- 2-1/2 yards of 1/2" wide flat braid trim – we used Metallic Hercules Gimp Braid 1862754046
Hem Trim: 3 Yards Each of Three Styles
- 1/2" wide braid – we used Holographic Gimp Braid 1862727946
- 3/4" wide braid – we used Metallic Passementrie Gimp Braid 18627391292
- 2-7/8" wide Venice lace – we used Venice Lace 1863266, transformed with gold glitter
INTRUCTIONS FOR GLITTER LACE
- Lace Trim – see above for type and yardage requirements
- Silver or Gold spray paint
- Spray adhesive
- Fine Silver or Gold glitter
- Spray paint both sides of lace and allow to dry according to manufacturer's directions.
- Lay lace flat on covered surface and spray with spray adhesive.
- Immediately cover lace with glitter. Allow to dry and shake off excess. Repeat as needed until desired coverage is achieved.