Effective Date of Current Policy: January 24, 2024
We process Personal Information based on our legitimate interest in running and growing our business and as necessary to enter into a contractual relationship with you. Should we process Personal Information in any other way, we will notify you of that basis prior to undertaking such processing.
The Information We Collect
DGA collects Personal Information about the users of our Sites in two ways:
1. Individual Collection. We collect Personal Information from you directly when you fill out any forms on the Sites or email us requesting information. Also, depending on the Site or the services available to you on a Site, we may request specific Personal Information necessary to perform the services. For example, with some of our Sites, we may request body measurements necessary to help customize the sewing patterns you request.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the services.
2. Automatic Collection: As with all websites, there are certain elements of Personal Information which we automatically collect simply as a part of your interaction with the Sites. Along with the normal information necessary for us to present the Sites to you, we also use various technologies to collect Personal Information in connection with your use of the Sites.
Our web pages may incorporate "pixel tags", "web beacons", or other similar tracking technologies (collectively, "pixel tags") that allow us, or our agents, to track the actions of users of our Sites (known as “click-stream data”). Click-stream data can include Personal Information, such as the IP address of the computer you are using, the type of operating system and browser software that you use, the date and time of your access to our Sites, the website address, if any, from which you linked directly to our Sites, the website address, if any, to which you then travel from our Sites, and any similar traffic-related information.
We may also aggregate your click-stream data with similar data collected from other users in order to help us improve our Sites and the services we provide through our Sites. If we combine information which is not personal with Personal Information, we will consider the combined information as Personal Information.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Cookies perform different functions such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. The kinds of the cookies that may be used on the Sites is set out below:
Strictly necessary cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Sites and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Sites. Without these cookies, certain services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Performance cookies collect information about how you use the Sites, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information that these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Functionality cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Most internet browsers allow you to remove or manage cookie functions and adjust your privacy and security preferences. Outside of the use of the cookie settings in your browser, there are also browser-specific settings like “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or “Global Privacy Control” (“GPC”). While the DNT signal is not widely adopted and is not a finalized standard, and so we don’t respond to DNT signals. However, GPC signals are generally recognised but as we don’t sell or share, nothing further needs to be done as a result of a GPC signal.
DGA does not collect sensitive Personal Information through our Sites, as defined by applicable law.
The Sites are not intended for or directed to children under eighteen (18) years of age, and DGA does not knowingly collect Personal Information from such individuals. If you are younger than eighteen, you may not use the Sites.
How We Use the Information We Collect
In our normal course of business, we use Personal Information to respond to your inquiries. We may also use Personal Information to notify you of events, products, or services that we think may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive notifications from us, please refer to the paragraph below captioned "Changing or Deleting Personal Information."
Additionally, DGA uses Personal Information about you for the following purposes:
-to establish or maintain our relationship with you;
-to contact you and respond to your requests and inquiries;
-to provide you with products or services you have requested;
-to keep you informed of products and services we think may be of interest to you, including those of our affiliated brands;
-to personalize your experience with us and to assist you while you use the Sites;
-for business administration, including statistical analysis;
-to improve the Sites by helping us understand who uses the Sites;
-to protect the interests of visitors to our Sites, our employees, and other third parties;
-to investigate violations of our policies and applicable law;
-for fraud prevention, and detection and to comply with applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice; or
-as part of any contemplated or actual sale of all or some of the assets of DGA.
DGA will only process Personal Information as described in this Policy, as permitted by applicable law, or as otherwise consented to by you.
How We Retain Information We Collect
We will retain Personal Information for as long as necessary or permitted in light of the purposes described in this Policy. However, some Personal Information may be retained for longer periods as required by law, contract, or auditing requirements. We will also retain Personal Information for as long as necessary to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
How We Disclose Information We Collect
We may disclose your Personal Information to our affiliates and subsidiaries, and to our service providers to the extent necessary to enable them to perform certain Site-related services (for example, web hosting, to improve Site-related services and features, or for maintenance services) on our behalf. All service providers are required to comply with the privacy practices and policies of DGA and are permitted to use data only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf.
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, user information, including Personal Information, generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either DGA itself, or substantially all of DGA’s assets were acquired, your Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets. Therefore, we will disclose and/or transfer your Personal Information to a third-party purchaser in these circumstances.
We disclose Personal Information to a third party if we believe that we are required to do so for any or all of the following reasons:
by applicable law;
-to comply with certain legal processes or governmental requests;
-to prevent, investigate, detect, or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the Sites or our network;
-to protect the rights, property, or safety of DGA and its affiliates, their partners, and employees, the users of the Sites, or the public; and/or
-as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
We may contact you periodically by e-mail to provide information regarding events, products, services and content that may be of interest to you, unless you advise us that you do not wish to receive marketing or market research communications from us. If applicable law requires that we receive your explicit consent before we send you certain types of marketing communications, we will only send you those types of communications after receiving your explicit consent.
If you wish to stop receiving marketing or market research communications from us or would like to stop processing your personal information in any other way, you can contact us as described below to let us know what types of communications you wish to stop receiving.
Please note that we do send by email important administrative information regarding either the Sites or services to users who have provided us with their email addresses. Because this information is important to your use of the Sites and is not marketing, it is generally not possible to “opt out” of receiving these email communications.
Your Privacy Rights
You have some choices regarding how we use your Personal Information, including the following:
• Accessing your Personal Information. You may request that we provide you: (i) the specific pieces of Personal Information that DGA has about you; (ii) categories of Personal Information we have collected about you; (iii) categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected; (iv) categories of Personal Information that we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose about you; (v) categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and (vi) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information. Please note that much of the information you can make a request for is already contained in this Policy.
If you would like to request deletion or correction of your Personal Information, please see the section below entitled “Exercising Your Privacy Rights”. As part of this process, we may ask for some Personal Information in order to verify your identity and your rights to the data which is subject to your request.
• Modifying or Deleting Your Information. While some privacy laws provide a right to correct or delete Personal Information about you, those rights are fairly limited. As such, we may not be able to change or delete your information in all circumstances. For example, we retain Personal Information as necessary to: complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you; detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity; debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our online properties; enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with DGA; comply with a legal obligation; or otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which your provided the information. If you would like to request deletion or correction of your Personal Information, please see the section below entitled “Exercising Your Privacy Rights”.
• How to Control Your Email Communications Preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in the email. You may not opt-out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Sites, technical and security notices).
• Selling or Sharing of Personal Information. We do not sell or share your Personal Information as defined by applicable privacy law.
• Exercising Your Privacy Rights. If you are a resident of a jurisdiction with applicable privacy law, and would like to exercise any of your rights you may do so by contacting us by using the contact particulars noted in the “Contact Us” section below.
Individuals in the EEA also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of their personal information with their local data protection authority.
• Designating an Authorized Agent. Some jurisdictions permit their residents to designate an agent to manage their rights under the relevant privacy law. If you would like to designate an agent to manage your privacy preferences, you may do so using the mechanisms noted above under “Exercising Your Privacy Rights”. We will also need sufficient Personal Information about your authorized agent to be able to identify them. As part of this process, you must have permission from your authorized agent to disclose their Personal Information to us for the purpose of acting as your agent.
• Appeals. Should we deny your request for Access, Correction, or Deletion, you may appeal that decision by sending an email to us identifying why you believe the denial is improper, a copy of the original request, a copy of the communication denying your request, and your desired outcome. We will then escalate your appeal to the appropriate parties inside DGA to review the merits of your appeal. We will respond with our decision on your appeal within 45 days of receipt of your appeal.
• Non-discrimination. Some laws do not permit us to discriminate against you because you exercised any your rights under this title, including, but not limited to, by: denying you access to goods or services; charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; providing a different level or quality of goods or services; suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
DGA seeks to adopt appropriate physical, technological and organizational security measures that are consistent with industry practice in order to assist with protection against the loss, misuse, and alteration of Personal Information that is under our control. DGA retains Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which such Personal Information was collected and in compliance with applicable laws.
Links to Other Sites
IG DESIGN GROUP AMERICAS, INC.
5555 Glenridge Connector
Atlanta GA 30342